Tuesday, September 21, 2004

It's been a couple of days since my last post, work's been killer --which is good-- but has the effect that blogging has suffered as a result.

I've been thinking a bit about the format of this blog, and what I would feel comfortable with. To me, there's two distinctions between blogs insofar as format is concerned, and that is the 'Pure Blog' and the 'OpEd blog'. A 'Pure Blog' to me is something akin National Review's The Corner, or Instapundit. Quick thoughts, with links and a thought to send somebody off to see what the blogger said was true, or connecting dots for the reader, but leaving to opiniating much more to the original writer to which the blogger refers.

'OpEd Blogs' on the other hand, take the opiniating much more into their own hands. Blogs like Belmont Club are a good example. Very good and lots of respect for these guys by the way, but also very time consuming.

And therein lies my problem, time. So I'm going to try out more rapid postings on interesting articles, still keeping an eye out for terrorism in Northern Africa, and still now and again a more elaborate post, but mainly quick lines and such. For now, we'll see how goes.